Thai Food - Sweet, salty, spicy

I felt a nostalgic feeling the moment I stepped inside Khao Pad restaurant in Ortigas. The place is unassuming, although I have to say that it marked a big improvement from her makeshift "carinderia-type" store in UP (where the store became a witness to my life's trembling moments) and this time, with a dose of many Thai artifacts.

I was referred to by Dang, one of my dearest colleagues here in ADB and a UP Political Science alumna, who kept on prodding me to look for Mommy Thai since March. She already had a clue then that Mommy Thai's new store can be found somewhere in Ortigas. Our hardwork and persistence really paid off mare!

Maybe I am already late to know this very good news. In fact, I even sent messages to my friends in Facebook just to share this culinary gospel. But the moment, the sweet, spicy and salty Tom yum soup drenched my mouth, I was again brought back to the good old days I have spent during college in my dear UP Diliman campus. I even remember inviting my friends from UP Baguio, Manila and Los BaƱos to taste their famous Mixed Toppings.

Though I must say that I have tasted some better Thai dishes in other restaurants, for me. The place is really sentimental for it has left an indelible mark to the many students who has been nurtured by her cooking passion.

Really, my sense of history is nothing but sweet, salty and at most spicy.....thank you for the exquisite culinary gift Mommy Thai!

Comments